One of my best friends, Cindy, told me she had a b-day surprise for me (although several weeks after my b-day) for Aug 21st. The plan was to go there on Thursday and make cards and then go to the surprise and spend the night and make more cards the next day. Funnest ever!! It was a much needed break.
The surprise was a Murder Mystery Dinner Theater. So much fun! We arrived about 6pm. They have at least 15 big round tables set up all fancy for dinner. They seat you and there are waitresses dressed up Victorian-like. It started at 7pm. They do an act or 2 of the play and then serve a course of dinner, and so on. They also give you a ballot to cast your vote of who got murdered, why they got murdered, and why. The person closest won some of their famous grape salad, which was very good, by the way. Cindy and I got the prime rib and the cheesecake for dessert. It ended about 10pm.
The room I got to stay in was so comfy and as much fun as the theater!
We also helped Cindy's mom pick a bunch of yummy stuff out of her garden for a few hours on Friday morning. I love the sunburst orange cherry tomatoes. They sent me home with a big bowl of tomatoes.
It was so fun to be at their house during the harvest. Cindy and her mom are expert (certified) Master Food Preservers. They were drying the tomatoes, too, and they were so yummy. For lunch both days we had a yummy roast beef sandwich with tomato, onion and lettuce. We also had fresh salsa and chips! YUMM!
I made Ranger cookies and took them for our snack...we both love Ranger cookies. We converted her mom to them, too.
Cindy's craft room is WAY fun, too. Not only for all the fun card making stuff but her sister Melissa painted all the walls so fun!
This is where I sit....with my friend the elephant, and the bird! Speaking of birds, Dwayne's bird sits in the hallway around the corner from us and can hear us talking so he talks away at us and keeps me laughing. He imitates everything!
Funnest 2 days ever! And so good to spend some time with such a dear friend. I'm ready to do this again! I love making these little cards and am dying to finish them now.PS I'd have blogged this sooner but it's hard to be a good blogger without good internet and our internet has been really poor for a couple of weeks.










No comments:
Post a Comment