Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Six Crazy Days

Eli & Traci and the kids left KF and got here to our house in the afternoon of last Saturday (9th).  I had no idea what their plans were, except that they had to make a big decision between the job in KF and the job in Eugene. 
Emily came out on Saturday to see the kids and to do some baking.
I had just finished up the week of painting the living room, coat closet & door, front door, the 2 bathroom doors to the small bathroom, and the wall & door to my bedroom.  Also did some spray painting on the screen door and we replaced the screen.  We had been working on the L.R. project for 9 days at this point and I still had to do the hallway and 4 more doors just to be done with the L.R. project phase...all this with cleaning as you go and rearranging...and as of today the pictures are still not hung yet, or curtains up.  I just ordered a new rod and a "scarf" curtain this morning so have to wait a week for that to get here...and that is why it was CRAZY.  The six days was just how long they were here.  I had no idea of that before they came--it was not the best timing, but such a blessing to get to spend that much time with them.
Sunday we had the kids from about 2:30 til their bedtime so I had to fit in working on my next GD lesson whenever I could throughout the following week.  During the week days I would work on my lesson and paint til about 2 or 3 in the afternoon and play with them the rest of the day.
Eli & Traci finally made the decision on Tuesday to go to Eugene.  He really liked the KF job, but the advantages of the Eugene location won the decision in the long run.  I would have felt good either way they chose to go, but I am glad they will be in Eugene so I am not torn between N&S and gas$$.
Even though I was so tired from all the work from the L.R. project I had lots of fun with the kids and made good memories and got some cute pictures.  They were so happy to be here in CV at Grandma's house.  They wanted to play with all their favorite toys, play on the tablet, play Purple Place on the computer, ride the trike and their bikes around on the sidewalk, watch movies, and get countless cups of ice and water out of Grandma's fridge...and whatever else treats we got to have, which was pretty much unsupervised since T&E were so busy re-organizing their stuff and preparing to live in the 5th wheel again.  But we really didn't have that many treats.  Most the time they just wanted gum or a snow cone.
 You can tell Tyrel is almost in his twos.  Traci calls him the little troublemaker.  He was so fascinated with everything in my desk drawers that he could not stay out of them.  One day we looked at movies in the locked video cabinet and Elivia wanted to use the key to open it.  Then Emma needed a turn.  Tyrel was making all kinds of Tyrel sounds and I didn't realize til I went to put the key up and his sounds got louder and more upset that HE wanted a turn, too.  Later he found keys in my drawer and was taking them to use on the cabinet.  This little bike was the best babysitter ever!  He would sit on it for a very long time!  He is so anxious to DO everything.  His legs are almost long enough now to petal this bike.
 Emma loves being in all the pictures and she is so photogenic on top of that.  Her and Elivia played with those blue purses nearly the whole time!  And the baby dolls.  And rode their bikes a lot.
 The girls were making such a very big deal over Tyrel's 'blooding' food (as Emma called it)...every time they saw it.  I think he was pretty proud of it.
 Beautiful little Emma.
 Eli hooked up and ready to back the 5th wheel out.  The porch/deck is all taken down.
 Beautiful little boy.  He is just so precious in every way!
 I should have been more prepared to capture the look on his face when that 5th wheel started moving.  Oh my I had to laugh.  He was shocked with a bit of horrification mixed in.  That 'house' has been there ever since he came into the world.
 Still watching daddy pulling it out.  I got Traci distracted looking at Tyrel and we didn't see the corner of the 5th wheel start to hit part of the awning til it cracked and Eli heard it at the same time, but no damage that we could see luckily.

 That was a super tight swing backing it out of there but he was able to clear the garden fence. 
 We could not get over how big the space looked after the trailer was pulled out!  Ginormous!
 Elivia does not like to be in pictures.  She wouldn't let me take one....
 Until I reversed the camera and they could take the pictures themselves.  Then they didn't want to stop.  I had to delete quite a few blurry ones.   Takes the tongue to help concentrate.
 Elivia really liked these pics of her and her grandma.
 And then Emma wanted in on it, of course.  LOL. 
 I had fun braiding their hair the day they left.  Elivia wanted something like Elsa in Frozen.
 Emma was happy with two braids and off her 'hot sweaty' neck.
 Traci asked me what on earth happened to Tyrel's hair.  He came out of the tub somewhat like this so I kept spiking it whenever I got a chance.  I thought it looked so cute.  We had watched Stuart Little twice so it was a George hair-do.
 Watching Stuart Little.  Those mean kitty cats!
And, Tyrel really surprised Traci on Wednesday morning when it was his turn to say the prayer he was repeating most the words and repeating them quite well, so they were telling me all day the words he could say and he'd repeat them...so at the end of this video I decided to ask him words and see if he'd do it, and he did!  He tried to say every word I could think of to ask him.  LOL.  Funny little guy.

No comments: