Monday, August 4, 2014

The L.R. Rroject

L.R. meaning Lindsey Rakozy.  LOL.  I like that...but no, L.R. meaning Living Room.

Just a little update for today because I am so excited about it, even though I am exhausted cause I worked from 9am this morning til 10pm tonight with only maybe 4 half hour breaks.  It's amazing I can keep going.

Tom switched from day shift to swing shift so he could help.  He took the coat closet door off and then I put him to work painting primer on the fake wood trim next to the ceiling and also the entire beam going between the living room and dining room.  He had maybe a 20 minute break before the second coat.  When he was done he asked if he was done so he could go out and mow.  I looked at my watch and it was 12:35 and I said NO! You didn't switch shifts so you could help 3.5 hours and then go mow!!  NO sir!  I put him right back to work.  He took our bedroom door off and caulked the framework around the doorway and then we got the ceiling painted before he had to get ready to go to work at 3pm.

I painted 2 coats of primer on each door and started the topcoat paint but will have to finish them tomorrow (with 4 hours drying time between top coats), spray painted all the door knobs and hinges, put 2 coats inside the coat closet, painted 2 coats of primer around the door frame and also the bedroom door frame, a coat of primer around the window ledges and frame plus a top coat, 2 coats of white paint around the front door frame inside and 1 coat outside (it got too dark to get the second coat on)...that kept me going all day...hopping between projects and their dry times.
Oh, and by the way, these doors are the first inside doors we have painted so they better turn out because I have plans to paint all the inside doors in this house.  They simple could not look worse than they do now.  A few pics...cause once we start painting the walls it is going to look very different.
 The beam!!  It's not going to be white but oh it is such a happy thing to get rid of the fake wood. (the white is just the primer)  I love it already!

The bright and shiny ceiling!  I love love love that 'clean' feel fresh paint gives.  The L.R. is very white right now...like it snowed inside.
 The coat closet.  It was so incredibly dirty in there and the walls were awful.  This was such a sore spot with me, but I was very good at ignoring it, especially because the walls wouldn't clean.  I'm wishing I'd done some of this sooner.  Dad said he wondered how he would put his boots in there now. I said, just don't throw them against the wall.
 More bright and shiny ceiling although the light from the window was deterring a good shot of it.  I get dizzy going around and around the edge of the room trying to remember where I laid the paint brush, or the paint can opener, or the hammer, or the step stool....I think I walked a thousand miles today.
Dad working after he tried to quit--lol.  Remodeling is not his thing, he is not enjoying this, especially the painting, but I know he is glad it is getting done and I am VERY thankful for his help!  It would have been very hard and taken a lot more time without him.

I suggested we get a heat pump.  He said definitely.  We should have done it years ago.  What I really like is that he said it will add value to the house when we sell it.  ;)

He put the news on this morning while we were working and after I'd heard the same news repeated for the third or fourth time I turned it to HGTV and there were several episodes of Love It or List It on in a row, so we listened to that for a couple hours.   I told Traci and Eli yesterday that Tom didn't know it but we were doing the TV show Love It or List It...that after we get the house done we have to look at places to compare it to, and then decide to love it? or list it?  LOL!  Love that show!

No comments: