Sunday, August 3, 2014

This Week

Lots of things happening this past week.  Thursday I started working on the living room, so Tom pitched in and helped when he got home from work.  We moved furniture either out of the room or to the middle and then stripped wallpaper til late.  Friday I cleaned what was left of the wallpaper that had to be wet down and scrapped off, and continued to get things ready for painting. 
Traci and Eli were packing up on Friday to leave their Eugene house for his job in KF.  I got a text from Traci that they had decided to move their trailer full of stuff down here and then go in their car and stay with a friend this next week while he starts work and they decide on a place to live.  They had hoped to leave at 3pm but didn't get to CV til 10pm.  (or after)  We had a late dinner.
Traci texted me:  I spy with my 2 little eyes 3 sleeping children.  Their empty house looks kind of sad.  Then she texted me her 'view for the next 2 hours.'  The kids were so excited telling me about their bikes and etc hanging from the trailer.
Tom and I worked on the living room Friday.  He puttied and I washed walls and cleaned the windows and cleaned up the wallpaper mess, etc...lots to do.
Sarah left with her kiddos to her SIL Jeni's house to stay over and get ready for their trip to Utah on Saturday.  Kasey flew out Saturday AM and will fly home on Tuesday.  So she got off Saturday morning and posted this pic on facebook.
Sarah said you couldn't see Zoey, but you can see her carseat.

Traci and Eli reorganized and whatever on Saturday and took off to KF about 3 or 3:30.  I made them breakfast and lunch, managed to get the first coat on the front door after Tom took it off and put it on the sawhorses, played with the kids and etc.  And of course I forgot to take one single picture while they were here.

After they left we spent the rest of the day working on the living room prepping it, and I got 2 coats on each side of the door, flipping it 4 times.  Tom sanded the putty on the walls, while I tried to vacuum up the dust but I still had layers of dust on everything.  Then he caulked til he ran out of caulk and I filled holes with either caulk that I salvaged from the corners or white toothpaste.  Then he ran into Lowes because we needed a new weather strip for the bottom of the door and a couple other items.  While he was gone I spray painted the threshold and door knobs, etc, and as much of the screen door as I could and OH let me tell you what a huge relief of an eyesore that was!  I also dusted all the putty dust, cleaned both bathrooms, swept and mopped and did the dishes.  When Tom got home it was 8:30 so the best we could do after that was to get the weather strip on the bottom of the door and the hinges on, get it hung with many difficulties and put the door knobs on. And we still had to work on our lessons.  Got to bed a midnight.

 Today we were having a nice Sabbath Day of rest...but got a surprise visit from Traci and Eli and kids.  They had to come back for some things he needed for tomorrow.  They were here for a couple hours.  Had lots of fun with the kids!

No comments: