Monday, September 8, 2014

LR Project Complete

The living room-hallway project took me a good month before I was completely done.  It took a weeks of prep work before I could paint.  It took a couple weeks of painting with all the doors and closets.  And it took well over a week to get pics and things hung back up, and to order curtains and get them hung, and I feel like those still need some work in draping the scarf.  I am so glad to finally be done, and I've had about a 2 week break although there was the busy Labor Day family weekend thrown in that mix.  I am anxious to get started again because it's rewarding and I really want to get it done, but I also feel overwhelmed at the prospect of it all and how the time will all work out with everything that I need to do in between.  I just have to exert faith it will all work out as it did for this project.
Here are some before and after pics (except for 2 towards the bottom)...kind of hard to tell it's the same wall.
The old color is not the same as the new color...you just can't tell from the light hitting it.
New!
Old
New!
Old
New! Love that the beam is now painted!
Old
New!
Old
New!  Four doors painted white down this hallway.
Old.  Dining room wall and entry to my bedroom.  (yes, I was a little wallpaper crazy ten or so years ago)
New! I am loving the white doors...brightens it up so much and makes the space seem bigger.
Old...we put this one off way too long.
New.  Tom had to have the same exact one.  Boo.  And it was still $36!!  But it's clean! And whole!
Old
New!  I haven't had time to work on the scarf drape...it's not quite how I want it.  And the AC and board in the window really kill the look...but oh how nice the cool air has been.
New!
New!
Old...both bookcases got painted.
New!!

No comments: