The thing I love the most is the color. (Scandinavian Sky) It is challenging to get a color just the right color when you paint. For instance, I am not as happy with the blue in the kitchen because it ended up darker than I cared for. So I made sure not to make that mistake in the family room and it paid off!
Plus, the end results of the rearranging turned out really nice and it seems roomier, and simpler (considering all the stuff in that room). I did eliminate a couple of big items and a lot of stuff (that I still need to sort through, or that I moved to other areas).
(I almost hate to show the before pictures)
Before:
During:
After:
Before:
During:
After painting...love it!!!
The color is washed out in this next photo, but it organized much cleaner I think.All that stuff had to get moved...what a job! And what a mess. (I have ended up collecting a bit too much papercrafting supplies.)
(And that's not even the 3-drawer containers I had on the kitchen table!)
End result of that area:
There are 2 pictures I don't have hung yet but I was in a hurry to blog the results.
Before:
After:
This wall is not Scandinavian Sky as much as I would have liked to go that color I did Spider Web to tie it in with the dining room walls, which is still a color I love even though you can't really tell here...it's a creamy off-white.
Before:
After:
And one more shot to try and just show the color a bit more:
I have a frame coming for that spot on the wall for my watercolored Salt Lake City Temple picture. It looks so pretty with that color wall paint!
















No comments:
Post a Comment