I was just replying to an email from my cousin Faylene. We were emailing some thoughts on our kids..and grandkids!! It just suddenly struck me as so crazy that we are now the Grandma's! I couldn't help but think of one of my favorite memories with my cousin at my Grandma's house.
My family lived out of state--from Utah, that is--so it was always a big deal to go visit the Grandparents and aunts and uncles and cousins about once a year. On my dad's side of the family there are like 16 or so Grandsons (I can't remember the exact count) and only two granddaughters--Faylene and I. So, getting together with my cousin Faylene was a lot of fun!
One thing we did on more than one visit was get all dressed up in the dress-up clothes my Grandma had for us to play in. Then we'd walk up and down the sidewalk in front of Grandma's house, like it was a stage runway, and we'd take turns singing like we were movie stars. The one song I particularly remember singing was a Doris Day song called "Que Sera Sera."
So, as I was writing my cousin back today and telling her how strange it was that we were the grandma's now--when those days really don't seem that long ago--well, I couldn't resist the urge to Google that song, and LOL, look at this cute video clip I found! Hope you get a smile and a chuckle out of it as much as I did.
Happy memories and good times, Cousin Faylene!
1 comment:
ok! That was totally cute! I must say, I think our family is partial to Doris Day anyways! (Calamity Jane!) Love love love that song. Never heard it before either. :)
Post a Comment