Saturday, June 6, 2009

Babysitting Jaymz & Elivia

Traci and Eli were down last weekend. They sold their truck and met the guy down south of here on Saturday and rode Eli's motorcycle back to my house. I babysat Elivia while they were gone. It was a pretty long stretch and I was wondering how she would do. It was great the first 45 minutes til she got hungry and tired. Traci left me with a bottle of breast milk for her, but when I went to give it to her, I guess she realized about then that her mom was gone, so she had a pretty good crying spell. After we got past that part, we had a great time the rest of the time.
What entertained her the most was sitting on my lap at the computer. I moved the keyboard out of the way, because of course she wanted to play on that! I put toys on the tray and let her play while we watched the wedding slideshow I made for Traci and Eli. She loved watching it and listening to the music, and playing with the toys and a yellow highlighter.She really likes this fishy toy....and was fascinated with the camera as usual.She's so good at grabbing onto things now, and she loves grabbing her feet.When she fell asleep and I laid her down she just sprawled out. It was so cute!
Monday Eli rode his motorcycle to work, and I was getting ready to take Traci and Elivia home, when we got a call from Kasey saying he was coming down to work for my brother, and could we watch Jaymz Mon-Wed. Wow! What a deal! We met him on his way down and took Jaymz to Traci's house. Then I took him home when Sarah got off work. Then I picked him up on Tuesday and Wednesday morning and went to Traci's for the day til Sarah got off work again. It was pretty fun spending 3 days with them together.
Monday, on the way back to Traci's, we picked up a bouncy chair from my sister-in-law, Nancy. We put Elivia in it--her first time in this kind of bouncy chair. She smiled a big smile. Then she wasn't sure for a few minutes and we thought she was going to cry. But then she started playing with the toys---and squealing! She was delighted with it. She even figured out how to turn the seat around to see all the toys. We put Jaymz in Elivia's pink infant bouncy chair and he liked it.Elivia got interested in watching him bat at the toys on it. He could even grab hold of them. What smart grandchildren! (heehee)

I tried doing a photo shoot of the two of them on Tuesday, but Jaymz was too tired. Here's about how it went:



Once I rolled him over he was fine and it didn't take him long to fall asleep, he was so comfy. Elivia was so interested in him.

They both fell asleep in their car seats after a trip to Walmart. Traci put them in Elivia's room to finish their nap and thought I was too noisy taking a picture of them...lol!

Here is a video of Elivia squealing in her bouncy chair:


And Jaymz in the pink bouncy chair with Elivia looking on.

2 comments:

Traci Lauritzen said...

Good job mom. The videos are working and they are soooo cute!! Love ya! Traci

jaymzdene said...

Too cute!! Looks like you guys including Elvia and Jaymz had lots of fun.