We had a great time taking turns on the tablet and eating treats cause mommy was working and not supervising us. heehee.
Then I went to Sarah's house til Friday morning. We had started our big project the last time I was there which was pulling all the boxes of baby clothes out of Kylie's room and sorting through them to pull out what she wanted to save and box the rest to sell or give away. So Wednesday I started organizing Jaymz's room. All the boxes of clothes were in there so I moved them away from the closet to pull a footstool out of the closet, and then cleaned out one corner and started stacking all the stuff she is going to get rid of, with the footstool on the bottom of the pile. Then I gathered toys from all the nooks and crannies they seem to scatter to and began sorting them and re-organizing them into the closet.
About 3pm Traci brought her kids by and we watched them til about 9pm while her and Eli went to the temple, so we had a lot of fun. Sarah was doing her work and while the kids and I played and watched 'Frozen'. She made us popcorn and we shared out of one bowl and all the kids were 'piled' around me. What a funny experience. I wish I could have recorded how fast they were eating that popcorn. We went through 3 bowls full!
Thursday we worked on the rooms some more. Then we met Traci at the park from about 3:30 to 5:30, and then came back and worked on the rooms some more and pretty much got finished except a few toys in containers that I put in their places on Friday morning before I left.
The kids were having so much fun in Jaymz's room with the chair in there that we moved out of Kylie's room, and having access to more toys...in fact they were so busy playing in there with the big Lego blocks while Sarah and I set up the kitchen and doll house Thursday night that we had it nearly done before they discovered us. Then they wanted to play in there, of course, and mainly with the kitchen center and dishes. Zoey's new thing is saying a phrase that would be a cross between 'oh wow' or 'wowie' or 'ooooh'...so cute. She could not stop saying it about everything in her newly fixed up bedroom. We hung a few more things on the wall and it's all girly-girl now and so cute!
I was so busy I forgot to take pictures of the kids much, but here are some pics of the bedroom. I only got one 'before photo'. Sarah even wished we had taken 'before' photos. I was in the middle of the job in the first [before] photo.
This is just a photo of the pile of stuff she needs to sell.
Room to spare!! And the kids thought it was so fun to get inside the closet on the other side. I really thought it was a miracle we came out with so much extra space.Kylie's cute little bed. Zoey's crib is across the room from it. I didn't get a picture on that side.
Sarah and I were both extremely happy with how it all worked out so great!









No comments:
Post a Comment