Not the best topic...but sure can make some funny stories. Tom and I watched Elivia and Emma on Friday while Traci and Eli went to the temple. At one point in the evening, after feeding Emma a bottle, she filled her diaper pretty good. I waited about 10 min. or so to make sure she was done and then when I went to move (I was holding her on my lap) I noticed it was leaking up her shirt. So I got the diaper and wipes and proceeded to change her, but soon realized I was in big trouble! It was smeared every where and taking a onsie off that is covered...well, I just wasn't sure where to begin. Luckily Tom was there so I enlisted his help. Guys are more grossed out than women (usually) by poopy diapers and he was properly grossed out but a trooper because he even washed out the onsie! It was really a team effort to get her out of the onsie and get the diaper off and clean her up. She nearly needed a bath! I also don't know what I would have done with the diaper after taking it off if he had not been there to hold a sack for me to put it in! But we managed.
Today, I had to laugh when Traci got up from the table after lunch and picked up Emma and immediately said, oh no! I hope what I'm feeling on my arm isn't what I think it is. Well, it was. And believe me when I say it was worse than the one I got on Friday. This one called for a tub. And even after she laid her in the tub to try and get her out of the diaper (which had poop all over the backside of it) and onsie, it ended up being the biggest mess with Emma getting both feet in it and both hands! As well as down her legs and all over the tub! LOL! It took me holding her and Traci scrubbing her with soap and water under the running faucet! It also took me holding a sack for her to put the poopy diaper in!
Elivia was quite entertained both times watching the whole procedure!
Oh, and both Elivia and Emma have noses running like faucets today, so Traci is really having a lot of "fun."
It's fun being the grandma...cause I can just laugh! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment