Saturday, December 6, 2014

This and That

Had some visitors last Saturday.  I don't remember taking this photo but it's adorable.  The first thing Elivia wanted to play with was the big girl Madame Alexander dolls.  Emma got the other doll and they got busy dressing them. Tyrel needed a doll, too, so I got him a stroller with a baby doll.  Before long Elivia had her doll in one stroller and one of them had taken the other stroller away from Tyrel, but don't worry, he was letting everyone know about it!  Emma was very sad when we had to take one away and give it back to Tyrel.  Elivia brought her next favorite toy kitty (next to yellow kitty) and it was so cute how she put the doll holding the kitty.
Another thing they wanted to do was use my Cuttlebug but we didn't get a chance.  We did get to build puzzles.  Emma was asking for something out of the hall closet and I was telling Traci how I had reorganized it so some of the messier toys were up out of reach unless we got them down for them--like the barn.  Then we looked over and Elivia had gotten it down!  I thought for sure she must have used a stool, but she showed me how she reached it on her tippy-toes!  They are getting so big!  When they were getting ready to leave, and Emma was sitting on my lap at the kitchen table where we'd been building a puzzle, she said she was going to stay at my house for two days and we needed to go to town to buy her a new bed so she had somewhere to sleep.  Lol!  Made me laugh!
I almost decided I wasn't going to put the Christmas tree up, but then I remembered I would still need a place to put the wrapped gifts.  I'm glad I put it up cause I'm enjoying it so much.  It's just that December came up so quickly and I still wasn't quite recovered from painting projects.

Traci texted me some cute pics of the kids the next day in their Sunday clothes.  Tyrel looks so adorable playing with this train.  Great Grandma had brought them over to send home with him when they came to visit on Saturday.
Emma trying to make Tyrel stand for the picture.
They came down to get their Christmas decorations and then went and got a tree and set it up, so the kids were pretty excited about that.

 Emily posted these pics on facebook of her early Christmas gift.  She has waited a very long time to get a Kitchen Aid!  I love seeing her so happy!
 Traci texted me these pics of the kids after they opened their letters from me.  It makes me happy to see how excited they are over them. 
Tyrel looks so big here!  He was giving his cheese-face!
My mom invited me to go to a play with them at UACT Theater, which was last night.  (Tom didn't get to go because he had to work swing shift.)  We picked up Bryson and Baylee at school and went to eat at Kentucky Fried Chicken.  We met Hyrum, Nancy and Soren at the play.  It was "A Christmas Story" and I loved the set!  I actually had some things I could have added from the cool vintage 50's.  
Baylee wanted me to sit by her, and the twins wanted to sit on the front row (we were there early enough to be first in line for seats), so that is where we sat!  Mom bought us a hot cocoa before the play started.  They were so hot you had to wait a while to drink them, but it was cold in the theater so it felt good to hold it.  At intermission Baylee asked me if I wanted another one (she had some money in her hand) and I said "Sure!" cause she was having so much fun drinking the cocoa with me I couldn't resist.  Our second cocoa was even hotter!  It was a fun night!

No comments: