Monday, May 26, 2014

Memorial Day Weekend

Sarah and Kasey and family came down for the weekend.  They set up their tent and camped out.  They arrived Saturday about noon, and after setting up the tent we went to Coos Bay.
 It was a beautiful day.
 We had a picnic at Cape Arago.
 Then went to Sunset Beach.
 I love that rainbow ray my LG G2 cell phone camera picked up!
Zoey didn't want to go to sleep on the drive to Coos Bay so we thought she would go to sleep when she got her bottle.  But she drank it and then literally got herself out of the car seat.  I sat her on the sand, but guess what?  She didn't like it.  The next pic is her telling me she didn't like it and wanting me to pick her up.  So she sat on my lap the rest of the time and watched them build the sand castle and play in the sand--very much fascinated by it all.  You know she didn't like the sand because normally you cannot get her to sit on your lap cause she wants down to play.  She sat there for a couple hours.  She finally fell asleep cuddled up in my arms.  She is so sweet.


 Their sand castle turned out awesome.  Sarah built most of it.  Jaymz and Kylie went off and tried to build their own but it was getting cold and the tide was coming in.  Kylie's hands and feet were so cold and covered with sand.
 
 It really was a beautiful day...not even enough wind to fly the kite Kasey brought.
 Kylie is getting really good at driving her little Cadillac and Zoey loves riding in it.  They had lots and lots of place to drive it around our house.  They liked following Grandpa Tom on his 3 wheeler.
Today I got a text picture from Traci that made me smile all over inside.  This picture is so funny.  It's almost like the 3 little monkeys doing speak no evil, hear no evil and see no evil.  LOL.  They sure love their horses and bikes.  Miss those little ones.  Jaymz missed them being at our house, too.  We took pics to text a picture back to them.  So they were pulling funny faces back at them. 



 

 Kasey got free bark mulch at his work and brought down a trailer with a load of it, so we worked hard for several hours on this planter bed.  It hasn't looked this good in years!  It's been so hard to keep weeded and trimmed so I cannot say enough how grateful I am to have this done.  I almost felt like I was in a park with it looking so nice and the grass all mowed.  Kasey and Sarah both helped a lot and blessed us so much by helping with this. 

I saw a post on facebook about Lindsey taking a hike today to Steward Falls, so I felt really blessed to have a pic of her and know what she was doing.  Looks like a beautiful place!

Emily called me today for a meatloaf recipe, so she was making meatloaf.  I felt blessed to get to talk to her.  Jaymz was excited she called and was telling her he had something for her, which was an invitation to Zoey's b-day party.  Her pic shows when I call her so he was holding it up to the phone for her to 'see it'.  So I told her to tell him, "I see it" (even though of course he heard me say that to her) so she said, "I can see it!" and he got all excited and did a little dance and then he said, "What does it say?"  Hahahaha!  So funny!
Love my family.

No comments: