Oh boy did my room not only need a good thorough cleaning, but I could not stand looking at that wall paneling any more after 17 years (and it is in all the bedrooms and bathrooms--except the 'pink room' I painted over about 7 years ago). So here are some before pictures. I started last Friday (as soon as Tom left for his fishing trip cause this was going to work way better with him out of the house!)
Took one day to clean and move furntiture...so this was evening and down to bare walls. It was kind of fun sleeping in the middle of the room! A nice change!
It took one day (Saturday) to paint on the base coat primer stuff that you have to put over vinyl siding...then I put the first coat of paint on in the late afternoon/evening. Kind of over did it...but too excited to stop!
The night stands and another little stand were moved outside waiting for their paint job, which got done on Monday, after a partial second coat on the walls--I ran out of paint. (was hoping one gallon would be enough)
The color is called Incognito and I thought it was a tan color...oh dear! It was turning out pinkish--not that I don't love pink, but I don't think Tom is going to be too fond of it.
Went to town on Tuesday (the only day in almost 2 years I walked off and left my coupon wallet at home!)....and bought more paint. The second gallon I bought the next shade lighter and painted that above the wallpaper border line...It's called Albatross...you can barely tell the difference, and it was a LOT more pink that the other color! I was not happy about that! I was getting very worn out by then and regretting I'd chosen a second color because I had to give it another coat of paint on Wednesday! And it was the hard part to paint up top...took a very tall ladder (Eli's ladder) to get up to those high spots. Up and down, up and down...that wears you out as much as anything as well as concentrating on not falling off the ladder.
The paint changes color depending on the light. Besides looking pinkish at times, sometimes it has a lavender hue, and at night it looks tan! I like it a lot...but not sure Tom will.
Starting to get things put back together. I was so happy not to have to walk around the edge of the room on drop cloths after 4 days of that.
Getting more stuff put back in.
I love clean! It's so bright and open and pretty!
The night stand turned out great. I modge-podged some fabric that is light blue with tiny white daisies, only the camera was not picking it up too well with the light from the window.
I also couldn't get a very true color of the paint with my camera.
I am wondering which Tom will be in more shock over...that I painted the room, or what happened to all his stuff! Yikes! (it got put away in the drawers so we will see what he has to say about that)
The room feels so much bigger. I used Murphy's oil soap on the dressers and wow did they shine up nice!
I don't even want to hang anything on the walls yet.
Loving my night stand! I have been hurting for several days, but was it worth it?! YES! And my bathroom is next...and then the other bathroom! And hopefully, eventually some other areas of the house.
No comments:
Post a Comment