
This is the best advise I have ever received in just three simple words. It was something a friend said to me when we found ourselves in an awkward situation over a misunderstanding with another friend. Of course, I had to learn the lesson the hard way, and didn't forget about it. Later I sure wish I had--cause I tried to "fix" it--and made it worse--if only I had just let it go. I've never forgotten those three words. We are all faced every day with situations that require concern, anxiety, forgiveness, and so on. This is one lesson I haven't quite mastered, but somehow it keeps popping up for me. It's such great advise in so few words! How often do we let something fester in our mind until we have made a mountain out of a mole hill...when we could have just let it go and saved ourselves a whole lot of anxiety, misery, worry, suffering...
I think the Lord asks us to forgive for our own peace of mind as much as anything.
Today I saw this thought:
"Separate worries from concerns. If a situation is a concern, find out what God would have you do and let go of the anxiety. If you can't do anything about a situation, forget it."
Wow, I love that! It's just....so....simple!
Simply forget it!
2 comments:
wow that is something i def needed to hear today. thanks. :)
Thank you for this!
I have a hard time with letting go of things that hurt me. I need to consider the source when they don't care about my feelings...I need to be the bigger person and let it go!
Post a Comment