Saturday, February 21, 2009

Spontaneous!

Friday, my husband got to "not work" (things are going really slow at the mill where he works), so even though he couldn't even collect unemployment for the day, he suggested we just hop in the car and go to the coast. Emily had the day off, and Lindsey has not yet started work, so it was really a good day to go. Not only that, but the weather was soooo in our favor! I've heard that February on the Oregon Coast is the best time to go cause the weather is so good, and it was! It was like 65ยบ, barely any wind, the sun was shining, the sky was blue. I really needed a good day like this, as we rarely do anything so spontaneously fun.
We went to Fred Meyers and bought fried chicken, potato wedges, 3 kinds of salad, rolls and donuts and took it to a picnic area called Cape Arago. The picnic tables are on a slope with your whole view the ocean. The waves were rolling sea green and it was just nice to soak in some warm vitamin D and watch the ocean as well as listen to it.
And here was my recently returned missionary in her London Red Coat! She's so cute!
We really didn't need coats. It was so nice and warm---just right.
This bird was hoping for some crumbs!
After Cape Arago we went to the jetty at Bastendorff.

NICE DAY!

4 comments:

rachel said...

What a perfect day! I love Lindsey's red coat. SO cool.


{guess who i got to snuggle with yesterday???} :)

Pink Posts said...

That took me a few minutes to figure out, and then when I realized you meant Elivia--I should have known right off the bat! She is pretty snuggable, isn't she? Must have been at the Adult Stake Conference Meeting! ;)

Teresa said...

Good job, Tom! Great idea. I'm so glad that you had a lovely day at the coast. Sometimes a spontaneous trip like that is exactly what everyone needs. What a bonus that the weather was so good!

Lindy Leigh said...

What a fun day and great pictures!!!