Here is Eli kneading the dough for his "famous" Ñaquis (I think pronounced like Nokeys). It's a potato dough that you make into a shell noodle and boil. A production line works well for this and makes it fun as you can see.
Monday, September 22, 2008
September Salsa...chachacha!
About a week ago, Emily and I went to Traci's house for 2 days and made salsa with Sarah and Traci. It's the first time we have done this since the girls got married and we may have just started a new family tradition. It was hard work, but kind of fun, and the salsa turned out really good!
Em peeled and chopped onions, and green peppers. Sarah peeled the tomatoes while Traci chopped them. I did the hot peppers...that is not a fun job!
Watch those knifes girls!
It is soooo colorful and smells so good when it's cooking up! Of course we had chips so we could sample it as we went along.


We came out with about 86 pints, not counting what we ate of course.
Eli helped...well, when I spilt the sugar he came and vacuumed it up for me. He made dinner on Fri. and Sat. He's a good guy.
This was at Traci and Eli's house. Cute kitchen!
Here is Eli kneading the dough for his "famous" Ñaquis (I think pronounced like Nokeys). It's a potato dough that you make into a shell noodle and boil. A production line works well for this and makes it fun as you can see.

And it tasted as good as it smelled, with some of those garden fresh tomatoes and cucumbers.

That's Kasey in the white hat...he helped, too...eat that is! Hmmmmm!
Here is Eli kneading the dough for his "famous" Ñaquis (I think pronounced like Nokeys). It's a potato dough that you make into a shell noodle and boil. A production line works well for this and makes it fun as you can see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Fun! I need to do that more...I haven't canned in a while...and isn't it spelled gnocchi? I make it too! I love it.
Yes, that is the Italian way to spell it, Eli said. His spelling is the Argentine way, probably, as that is where he served his mission. =)
oooh! I didn't know it was made in Argentina! Cool!
Post a Comment