Packed up and headed to the coast arriving at the campground right at check-in time at 4:00. 14 of our group arrived today. We set up camp and then sat around the fire and ate twice-baked potatoes that my mom brought for dinner.
Tuesday - August 12th
A variety of activities today: a hike on the dunes, bike rides, and going out on the lake on the paddle boats for most of our group. I hung out with my mom, dad, and grandma for most of the day. For dinner we went to Florence (just right up the road)to Mo's Restaurant.
Funny Story:
My nieces, Sam & Rachel, love lemons with salt on them. Sam asked the waitress for some lemons for her fish meal and you should have seen her face light up when the waitress brought a small bowl full of lemon slices. Bryson was sitting next to her and decided he wanted to try it....
...I don't think it was quite what he had hoped for! LOL!
Wednesday - August 13th
Breakfast and morning hikes and bike rides. Then we went out to the South Jetty for a time, but it was pretty windy. Very beautiful pics though.
8 more of our group arrived today. We helped them set up their camps and had lunch.
We moved our table to set up Traci and Eli's tent in that spot.
Sitting around the campfire was one of the fun parts.
Thursday - August 14th
More hikes and bike rides. We went to "Old Town" Florence and my mom had some of the kids do an Old Time Photo Shoot.

For dinner my brother cooked in dutch ovens and we had a birthday party for his one year old grandson Caleb....and his 27 year old son Alma.
Friday - August 15th
My 2 nieces had to fly home so Emily took them to the airport. It rained during the night so that was messy, but then it started drying out at noon. We went down to the lake today and I got some great canoe pictures!
Tom & Kasey in the raft.
Baylee was tired from swimming so hard.
Saturday - August 16th
We packed up camp and then went to Cape Perpetua.
5 comments:
It looks like you all had a great time. I love camping and don't get to go often. I will just have to live in your expirences. ;D
Hi, looks like so much fun, brings back memories, I think we need to start having such traditions at the mowers. Next time we come to Oregon maybe we can go camping.Love carole
I was just reading Teresa Ballantyne's blog and randomly clicked on her link to "Lindsay's Mission Blog"... and the girl reminded me so much of my sweet Mia Maid Advisor (Traci) that I knew it just HAD to be her sister!! And it is! I'm putting two and two together and am figuring out you are Traci's mom. I love it. What a small world.
Traci is such a wonderful gal and I'm so happy she's in our ward and I get to watch her as her baby belly grows.
Great job raising your sweet girl.
Thanks for letting me pop over to your blog for a hello!
Rachel, don't know if you will ever see this, but that is just the sweetest comment I've ever gotten! thank you so much! I'm so glad you are enjoying my Traci! She is a very sweet girl and she is loving working in YW, too!
I did get it! :)
She is wonderful and I appreciate all she does for the girls.
Post a Comment