Thursday, August 28, 2008

Cape Perpetua-Devil's Churn at the Oregon Coast

I love the ocean, especially watching waves. We went camping the second week of August with about 23 family members and I have had so much to do since I got back I haven't had time to share about it on my blog.
The last day was my favorite. The day we packed camp and came home. NOT for that reason--lol--but because we drove up the coast a ways to a place called Cape Perpetua, that Sarah and Kasey knew about. This was my kind of place! I could have sat there for hours watching the wave action! It was awesome!!
This is a clip of the Devil's Churn. It's a long trench in the rocks that the waves have carved out over the years.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books

Then we walked down below to the rocks. I guess the waves are always churning!.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


Some of the waves would collide and shoot up in a twister-like motion. It was soooo cool!
Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books

This was the trail down to the beach area. It's kind of short but give you the idea of how pretty it is.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books

Kasey was throwing bread to the seagulls---again, very short, but gives you an idea. My picture card was full and I left the other one in the car! Drats!

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books

1 comment:

Lindy Leigh said...

I love living closer to the ocean again! Beautiful videos!!!