Monday, June 9, 2008

Over and done...

Well, after 20 years of school my last one graduated Friday June 6, 2008. My oldest daughter asked me if I thought I would cry at the graduation and I said I was too happy to cry. I did feel a few emotional moments looking back over the years, but honestly, I am too glad to be done. It was a nice graduation and open house in honor of Emily.

The Graduation Walk:

The Congratulations Wall:
One of the graduates made this huge 2008 with his dad:
The walk! Here she comes! (how come you can never quite be ready for this shot, and of course she was the first one to come down the isle.)
Yes, I know it's crazy to most people, but there were only 8 Seniors in her class.

The "ugh-oh, he's talking about me look"......
Our school police office, Deputy Lee was one of the speakers and he told a great story on Emily from back when she was in about 3rd grade or so when he first came on as the officer over our school. Three girls came up missing after school and they searched for them for an hour and a half before they located them back behind the school's barn at the bottom of the football field. Turns out they had run away because one of the girls was having some difficulties at home. My little Emily had filled her backpack full of "survival stuff"...food, etc. because she had some sympathy and wanted to help the other little girl. The third girl just went along, too. But Office Lee said he didn't want to embarrass her at the graduation by naming her, but he did want to "bid" her "well"! (Bidwell---haha!)
Parent appreciation gifts. A rose for each and a $25 gift certificate to Applebees.
Getting her diploma...again the first one and I wasn't ready for the shot!
Graduated!
The wall.
My parents, my grandmother, and one of my sister-in-laws:
Cutie pie:

Sisters minus one (who would have been there if she could have)
Glad parents:
The Graduation Open House at our house after the ceremony:
Strawberry poke cake:
Potato and pasta salad:
Sherbet punch:
Seven Layer bean dip and grilled hot dogs:
Emily with her graduation gifts:
Appreciation roses:
Emily's photos for each year of her age:

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Congrats Emily!! She looked great. the food looked amazing. I must get your Strawberry Poke Cake receipe.

Pink Posts said...

White cake mix. (mix and bake) Poke holes while warm out of the oven. Make strawberry jell-o according to package directions and pour immediately over cake and into holes. Refrigerate. Cut up strawberries and mix a small amount of sugar onto them. Spread on cake. Could spread with whip topping or serve on the side. =)