Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Resurrected Kitties
So, we had some kitten drama at our house about 2 weeks ago. I had no idea we even had kittens---but why should I be so surprised?! My daughter Traci was home for a visit with her husband Eli, and her dad takes her down to show her 2 kitty litters. She's an animal-lover so she wants to take all 8 kittens and find them a good home. Except the smaller batch of 3 appeared to have been abandoned by their mother as they weren't doing so good. The next day she went down to check on them and one of them had died. So she brought the other 2 up to the house and wrapped them in an old towel and tried to warm them and feed them but they weren't doing so good. She left them to eat lunch and after lunch she said they had died. So, they must have laid there in the towel for a couple hours before Emily came home and found out about them. At some point her and Traci lifted the towel to look at them and one of them moved. So, they rubbed them and tried to "revive" them. Emily took them over to a friend's house, whose mom took care of them for about 4 days and fed them some kind of kitten formula from an eye dropper--and--as you can see from the pictures they are alive and well. But now Emily has become their new mommy, and since I'm not much of an animal lover like, my girls, I can't tell you how much "fun" I've had with these around. I won't let her keep them in the house, but she's been bringing them in for part of the day to play with them. 

She named them Jack and Jill. And believe me, they won't be this cute for long! =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Watch out...Kayla will want them! Nice story... :)
That's funny! LOL! (hi Kayla!)
Post a Comment