Saturday, February 15, 2014

Zoey Kamryn


This is my most exciting post to catch up on, and probably the most important event in the last year and a half since little Tyrel's birth...the birth of my sixth grandchild and fourth granddaughter, ZOEY, on June 4, 2013.

Sarah wanted to keep the gender of this baby a secret, so we didn't know til the moment she was born that she was a girl.  I watched her come into this world and didn't know she was a girl--almost even forgot to think of it in the intenseness and wonder of the moment, til the doctor said it was a girl.

Her birth was so surreal...which we later realized was because she was born in the same room Elivia was born in (at the same hospital of course), and very nearly the same time of evening--which was quite late.  We were there all day waiting for it to happen, and quite surprised it took so long as we expected it would go faster.  And then they also whisked Zoey away to the little side room immediately after her birth, just as they did Elivia, for which reason I didn't know at Elivia's birth, and which they told us at the time, but I didn't write it down and can't remember.

Traci had been there all day with her kids waiting, so she only got to briefly see Zoey before she had to head home on the long late drive with her three little kids...but she was the one that pointed out how similar it all was, and that Zoey even looked like Elivia did when she was born.  I later looked up the room number and that's when we realized it was the same room.  Then the mommy/baby room they put Sarah in was the same one she had with Jaymz so it was pretty cool.

Zoey was born at 10:25pm, weighed 8 lbs 13 oz and was 20" long.  Sarah's doctor was Dr. Tina Schnapper, but it was the on-call doctor at the time that delivered her, Dr. Heather York.  She also had Dr. Suzanne Temple during her shift.

Sarah's due date was June 1st so she actually went over (which is another reason we thought it would go faster).  I went ahead and went to Eugene before the baby was born, so ironically we did the same things that I did with Traci before Elivia was born...clean the house, get things ready, and go shopping the day before she was born.  Walking Sarah around Walmart we were hoping would speed up her contractions, which she wasn't sure were contractions, but her back was hurting and I told her those were definitely contractions.  She also felt a lot of low pressure on her pelvic. 
Early Tuesday morning, the 4th, Sarah's contractions started coming regular so she woke me up at 7am and said they were going to the hospital.  Her and Kasey left about 8am.  Jaymz, Kylie and I went over about 9am.  I was anxious because Traci had Tyrel shortly after I got to the hospital when he was born, so I did not want to miss it. 
Traci and the kids came up about 11am.  Tom and Emily came about 5pm.  Kasey's mom and sister Jeni and her kids came in the afternoon also.  They all had a very long wait, mainly in the waiting area.

But once Sarah was ready to go it only took 10 minutes to push Zoey out.
It was really an awesome moment when all the family filed in to see her and gathered around the bed.  Even with all those tired little kids they were all bright eyed and amazed at their new sibling/cousin.

 Kasey took the kids and went home to bed about an hour or so after she was born.  Tom, Emily and I stayed til after she was weighed and had her bath.  I got to be the first one to hold her.  She is precious.  But I only have a picture of Emily holding her--which is also precious.
Zoey the next day.  She is so sweet.

No comments: