Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Gramma's Purse

On Sunday, my angel Joyce, handed me a card with a poem written inside, that she was inspired to write when she sat by our family at Dwayne's funeral.  I had all four grandchildren on the row with us.  Here is the poem:

Whenever I sit by Gramma
I can hardly wait to see
When she opens up her wonderful purse
What will be inside for me.

It's really hard to be still so long
But it surely could be worse
If I couldn't sit by Gramma
When she opens up her wonderful purse.
-Joyce 2011

That put a big SMILE in my day!  =)


2 comments:

Traci Lauritzen said...

I love my Grandma Joyce!

jaymzdene said...

I meant to comment on this post awhile ago. That was such a wonderful poem she wrote. She is such a sweet lady, I just love her so much :)