I had a great time going to Womens Conference the last week of April. It's not only crazy that it was here already, but crazy that is has come and gone.
I'm so grateful we got home safely, through the airport and security a day before they caught Bin Laden.
The WC theme this year was "Through Small and Simple Things Are Great Things Brought to Pass." The Apostle to speak at the closing session on Friday was Elder David A. Bednar. I can't tell you how excited I was about that! His talk was excellent. Basically about how important it is to establish a "spiritual drip irrigation system" that like a drip irrigation system in a garden, it gets the water consistently to the part of the plant that needs it the most, the roots. He said sporadic spurts of spiritual development will not be enough to strengthen and sustain us, we need a constant spiritual nourishment that is consistent with small and simple efforts daily.
My WC buddies this year were Susie, Cindy, Shelley, and Linda. We had so much fun together.
Susie, Cindy, Kayla and I went to Mt. Timpanogus Temple on Wednesday.
Tues. we went to Salt Lake City to the Hale's Theatre and saw the play "A Hasty Heart." We did some shopping, ate great food and just enjoyed being together. The weather was great until Friday when it turned pretty cold and snowed...pretty much a good storm by Friday night. But gorgeous gorgeous on Thursday. We loved the Shadow Mountain Concert on Thursday night...laughing our guts out one minute and sobbing the next from the musical variety.
I never know if I want the trip to last longer...cause it always goes so fast, and I enjoy it so much, but I also love home. And I was missed...
Elivia and Emma were so glad to see me. Emma, who fights when she is tired if you are holding her, climbed on my lap and I fed her a bottle and she drank it and cuddled up to me and feel asleep in a matter of minutes. How sweet is that?
No comments:
Post a Comment