
I just love Temple Square in Salt Lake City! Maybe it's because I was born in SLC. Maybe it's because I have fond memories of visiting my grandma and other relatives there. Maybe it's because I was married in the Salt Lake Temple. Maybe it's just because it's one of the most beautiful places on earth! Anyway, I got to be there last weekend for General Conference, which is something I have wished and hoped for, for a long time! I rode there with my daughter Lindsey and 3 other girls, all of which are recently returned missionaries, so I loved hearing all their stories. One of them, Elisa, was one of Lindsey's companions on her mission and she flew here all the way from Australia. I really got attached to her.
We got tickets to attend the Saturday morning and the Sunday morning session. Another one of Lindsey's companions, Megan, accompanied us to the Sun. morning session, and afterwards we spent like an hour walking around Temple Sqaure! I had my camera, of course, and the girls lost me a few times as I literally stopped as we were walking to take photos....messing up the flow of people who were walking along, too! But I just can never get enough photos of Temple Square. It was a great experience.



Before the session started.

There were groups of people lining the streets singing hymns...it was so amazing to walking through them that we did it twice!

The local Elders/Missionaries singing by the reflecting pool.


I was in awe of this view with the lamp post...and can never get enough of the beautiful flowers.


The Conference Center is totally amazing.
I also enjoyed going to Lindsey's missionary reunion on Friday night, and we loved staying with Megan's family! They are just wonderful! Sue and I found many common interests...AND we both have four daughters (no sons).
1 comment:
Very pretty, I love the pictures!
Post a Comment