The weather last week broke out in craziness everywhere. I think the Antarctic decided to move to the United States! Traci's baby shower was out of town for me, and because the weather was worse where she lived, they came so close to canceling the shower. That would have been so disappointing, because I needed to try to get to her house anyway, because she was really needing my help. Her and Eli had the baby's room painted, but then their washer broke and flooded the carpet all the way into the baby's room, so they had to rip out the carpet and then chose wood flooring to replace it. Then Eli did work on framing the closet and the window. In the meantime, people were giving them baby things, or they were getting them off Craigslist, so the piles were mounting in their living room and dining room. She had been anxious for weeks to get to the point where I could come and help put up a wallpaper border and help her arrange the baby's room and organize the clothes and baby things. Tuesday (Dec. 16) was an anxious day for her not knowing if we were going to make it up. Another big storm was expected in on Wed-Thurs. I just kept praying that I'd be able to make it up there, and then Wed. morning just got up early with my daughter Emily and packed and loaded the car and left at 9AM, hoping we'd beat the next storm. Luckily Emily took her new camera and took pics along the way going up and coming back. It was something of an adventure, for sure. But it wasn't as bad getting there as I had expected it to be. The roads were snow/ice packed in some areas, but we just took it slow and didn't have any problems. The weather continually warmed up to around 40ยบ and the storm went another direction. =)

Close-up shot of the packed snow on the road.


Yah, I'd say those packages were at least half a day late!
The baby shower was very nice and very well attended, which was nothing short of a miracle as so many other events had been canceled due to the weather.









Emily, Sarah, Traci and I
(very cute tummies!)
And now for Elivia's room!



Picking out all the littlest clothes to take to the hospital.

A nightlight given to her at the shower that the friend made by hand.



It started snowing again on Thursday and we still had lots to do and Emily wanted to stay longer so we stayed Thursday night and woke up to several inches of snow and it was still snowing, but we made it home fine. It was a pretty drive. The hardest part was just getting onto the freeway and off the slippery city roads. The I-5 entrance we went to take was closed because a truck slid off the road so we had to go all the way around and down to the other end of town to get on the freeway...it was crazy, but we made it.




5 comments:
Fun times! I'm glad that the baby room is done! Thank you so much for all your help mom!
The baby shower was so much fun and what a great turn out there was! Thank you to all who were able to make it! I really appreciate the support and all the cute gifts!
Love Traci
Traci sure is loved!
What a darling nursery Elivia is going to have.
I sure love that Traci. And it was so good to meet you.
I'm so glad you made it up here safely then back home without incident. Happy Holidays!
Thanks Rachel! That means alot. I'm glad Traci is in such a great ward. Hugs!
What a good mom you are! And what great pictures!!!
The baby's room looks darling...
wow. i didnt realize it was so close! time flies! did they change their nursery? i thought it was ducks or something? i better get working on my gift!! :) p.s. are either traci or sarah planning on breastfeeding?
Post a Comment